I don't like a fair few things, here's what they are:
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- This book stunk! I hate it with a burning passion. It says nothing, it's boring to read, the ending is absurd,
reading this was the worst 2-3 hours I've ever wasted. :/
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Learn how to write a book. This reads like a year 10 English creative writing assignment that the teacher graded 12/15. Didn't bother finishing because the book was too stinky I couldn't bear it.
Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger
- Look, I understand why a lot of people like and relate to this book, because people are depressed and, y'know, I too go around thinking everyone is a phony, but that's
where the relation ended. This Holden guy is so up his own arse and lacks any introspection, and it was just so ugh to read. Like I get he's feeling ugh
but the story telling lacked any intrigue in my opinion. I couldn't wait to hurry up and finish the damn thing so I could pick something else up.
- My favourite part is when the prostitute calls him a "crumb-bum".
- Chapter 14 also includes a nice look at God and the bible and all that.
- For me, the Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac has a similar energy and is MUCH more enjoyable and insightful than sad lonely boy walks around New York for two days.
- This movie ticked me off to no end, it's portrayal of "radical feminism" is so shallow and lacks any nuance and completely ignores the foundations of radical
feminism that come from Marxism and critical theory not some girl who says "Damn, sexism sucks" and decides to start an entire revolution because some girl in the
hallway says "shit ain't fair honey". I have a lot of issues with this movie, like how the only likeable and actually decent character is the BOYfriend. The one male
- This girl randomly becomes a 'radical' feminist OVERNIGHT, babe I'm sorry but you don't learn and understand stuff like this and simultaneously make your own
zine overnight, that stuff takes months, even years of growth and developing understanding of the world and social structures around us.
- I AM SO SICK OF THIS STUPID PROPAGANDA
- Gary Vee is a slut for pedalling hustle culture and reinforces the idea that members of the working class do not work hard to survive, that if they simply
work hard, they will succeed because the system is working for them with a bg smile and rainbow. NO GARY, it's working against the working class, and your insessant pedalling
of harmful hustle culture is abominable.
- Nobody should have to sacrifice a personal life, relaxation and a healthy living standard just to survive, but this is the message Gary Vee communicates every single
day he wakes up and makes a Tik Tok. His money has corrupted him and he is not and never will be a voice for the working class which he so proudly claims to be. I don't care
if you have humble beginnings, you are where you are now because of your exploitation of the working class.
- Quit deluding people into thinking they can make it to the top from the very bottom, into thinking that people have an individual responsibility to survive. You
can't earn the kind of wealth Gary Vee has with honest hard work, it just doesn't work like that. And his wealth relies on the poorness of his audience, of the entire
working class. Gary Vee works to brainwash people into thinking he is on their side so they do not realise his and the rest of the 1%'s desire to maintain supression of the
poor as a means to preserve their own wealth for generations to come.
- The punk also takes well known philosophy quotes and manipulates them to fulfil his hustle ideology. Memento mori is meant to be a testament to slow down and be humble
and reflect on life, but Gary Vee takes this and says "remember you're going to die, so hustle because today mught be your last". His complete bastardisation of concepts like
this is frustrating, and I want him out of my life.
- Fuck you Gary Vee, you are everything I hate most in this world
- STalin and his legacy has been absolutely catastrophic for the workers' movement in history, and the effects are still left with us today. He suppressed genuine workers' revolutions all over the planet, and locally made strikes punishable by death, reinstated the nuclear family, purged his own revolutionary party in favour of his bureaucracy, among other things. Stalin completely deserted any semblence of the communist society worker's fought for in 1905 and 1917, and forged his state capitalist empire. Along with Stalin's material impacts, he also had a devastating one ideologically. His ideology of "Marxism-Leninism" tarnished global opinions of communism that still occur today. The idea that communism is some kind of authoritarian state is completely falsified and manufactured by Stalin. Communists must fight back against Stalin even today, it is our duty to quash crude, demonic image of communism in favour for better understanding of Marxist theory and history. Genuinely I wish I could write a longer point about this, but I don't have a super sophisticated understanding of it.
- What I do have at least a mildly sophisticated understanding of however, is Stalin's historiographical credibility and general treatment of Rosa Luxemburg and Trotsky. This man straight up lied and created
an entire conspiracy surrounding Luxemburg and a made up ideology "Luxemburgism"... IMO, Luxemburgism is not an ideology even when separated from its Stalinist history,
I see Luxemburg's writings and ideology as more of an extension on regular Marxism... ANYway, Stalin functionally invented Luxemburgism as a means to villainise her as to
maintain ideological control over his population. He did a similar thing to Trotsky but to a greater extent. Trotsky isn't my main area of expertise though, Luxemburg
deserves better than Stalin's mythic creation of her and the lasting effect it has had on the construction of her history and legacy over time. In defense of Luxemburg
against Stalin he New Left idiots of the 1960s adopted Stalin's bs Luxemburgism and just defended her using it against Stalin just saying it was a good thing
when in reality, it was a skewed, misreading and cherry picked understanding of Luxemburg's views and life. I've written more about this and I will link to it
here, as I've only touched very briefly on the topic at hand.
- Here's another article written by Marie Frederiksen I found very useful and informative about Stalin's aggression toward Luxemburg
- Also the chapter on "Luxemburgism" in JP Nettl's biography of Luxemburg is dense but briliant.
Ngo Dinh Diem
- This guy is pretty unanimously hated, but every now and then I see a man simping over him and it ticks me off... especially in my JFK research.
- This guy literally comitted a genocide against the Buddhist population which is where that RAtM album
cover comes from, just because he was a strict Catholic. (something I find curious about this incident is that it's often referred to as the "Buddhist Crisis" rather
than a genocide despite the fact that it falls in line with almost all of the "10 Steps of Genocide" we get taught in school. I assume this is because of the
connection the US had with Diem, a fear of bad optics, propaganda, you know the drill.)
- The man behind 'Hamlets" in the Vietnamese countryside which LITERALLY caged farmers in to tiny little zones.
- He was just a stinky, corrupt bastard and puppet for JFK's selfish efforts in Vietnam
- Exploitation, liberal feminism, blah blah blah come back to this Ada.
Anyone who makes and sells scrunchies and calls it a "small business"
- I hate to break it to you Sarah, but anyone with basic sewing skills and a rag could make a scrunchie in less than 10 minutes, so quit
pressuring your friends into buying one for $10. Put some actual work into being creative or do something a little more labourious.
- All I want to do is play Civ6. For the love of God just let me open my goddamn game without ten thousand pop-ups. I am not going to buy any more games.
I am content with Civ6, leave me alone.
DoorDash Ads aimed at employing people
- I HATE THE GIG ECONOMY! I HATE IT! GET ME OUT OF HERE! THROW ME IN A RIVER! PLEASE GOD WHYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyY!!!!!!!!!!